FASHIONbasecamp events, workshops, mentoring and camps are made [...]
FASHIONbasecamp British Fashion Startup Awards – 2016 edition
Celebrating the success of emerging fashion businesses in Britain
This amazing competition will be looking to find the best new fashion startup.
You may consider yourself a designer, but if you started up your own business you are now also an entrepreneur. You may for instance be someone who has not only worked smart and hard to make a great start of their business, but has the potential to become a real ambassador brand. Someone who can show that no matter how small the first steps it is important to get started. Your nomination may even inspire others to start as they take their steps towards running their own fashion business. That deserves a celebration!
This competition is suitable for even the smallest fashion business.
There is no charge to enter the competition but the benefits of being associated with it could be huge.
The competition was established by FASHIONbasecamp and is not linked to any other British competition. It is the intention to run the competition in other countries as well.
As a mentoring and business services platform for fashion startups, we fully comprehend the challenges fashion entrepreneurs endure and the level of determination that is required of them to get their fashion businesses up and running.
We have created this award to reward the fashion startup community for having the vision and courage to start their fashion business journey, and to continue to help them grow and expand their business possibilities.
Competition entries for the 2016 edition have now closed and an awards winner has been decided! We are thrilled to announce that the winner for the 2016 FASHIONbasecamp British Fashion Startup Awards is George David Hodgson from Maison de Choup.
The finalists for the awards showcased standout pieces from their collection and pitched their fashion businesses to a live panel of judges at Going Global.
Make sure to watch this space for news on next year’s competition!
Once you have entered the competition...
If you application is accepted into the FASHIONbasecamp British Fashion Startup Awards 2016 you will:
- Receive a badge for your website or social media channels showing that you are competing. This will link to a page where people can find out how to vote.
- You will be listed on the FASHIONbasecamp British Fashion Startup Awards pages as a competing brand with photo and link back to your website.
- You will get discounted access to the related events.
The public and the judges were impressed...
If you are nominated as one of the Top 20 after the public vote and the judges review you will also receive:
- An exclusive invite to our FASHIONbasecamp British Fashion Startup Awards Nominees Party, taking place at the same time as London Fashion Week at the Piano Bar in Soho on September 17th, 2016.
- A screening of a slideshow of your collection or brand images during our FASHIONbasecamp British Fashion Startup Awards Nominees Party, taking place during London Fashion Week on the 17th of September 2016.
- A graphic ‘Nominated’ badge to add to your website, social media, emails, letterheads or wherever you feel it makes an impact.
- One year free access to the FASHIONbasecamp Member Forum.
The Top 10
What if you are shortlisted for the final...?
If the judges decide you belong in the Top 10 you will also receive:
- the opportunity to showcase for free at Olympia London’s Going Global event on November 18th
- A video package of you and your achievements will be created, which you will have full access to. You will be interviewed during the award finals by a production team who will create a video montage about you and your brand.
- A free one-to-one mentoring session from a senior FASHIONbasecamp mentor.
- And more….
Dare to dream... you might just win this!
Not only has the winner of the FASHIONbasecamp British Fashion Startup Award already amassed everything that the other Nominees and Competitors have but the one winner will also receive:
- The FASHIONbasecamp British Fashion Startup Award Trophy (you business can only win it once… so that is pretty special)
- The title 2016 FASHIONbasecamp British Fashion Startup Award Winner.
- A graphic winners badge to add to your website, social media, emails, letterheads or wherever you feel it makes an impact.
- A Public Relations package to promote your massive achievement (valued at approximately £2500).
- Six monthly mentoring sessions from a senior FASHIONbasecamp mentor.
- A winner’s video interview.
- And more… (watch this space as we confirm even more prizes from supporting sponsors).
Senior Business Advisor & Partnerships Manager at Startup Direct
Managing Director at Kirk & Kirk
Marketing Executive at Startup Loans
Marketing Manager at bussinessagent.com
GH Space featured FASHIONbasecamp in a write up about our launch party, which was hosted in one of [...]
As SS16 begins to play out and the British Fashion Council initiatives to support emerging talent re [...]
Becoming a designer brand is not just about designing. Even an excellent training and great degree a [...]